Are you a Lion or a Lamb?
Today you have an opportunity to make a decision to take control of your life or you can continue to move with the herd. It's your life, so you must be the one to decide. I can't make you do it, or do it for you.
Just remember that it is impossible to build a tribute to success on a foundation of excuses. We are all busy, we all have resistance in our lives, but it's how you DECIDE to live that will dictate how you respond to these minor obstacles.
I used to struggle with negativity. I would let myself bathe in it and send it back out in the world. I was fighting everything and everyone. I fell into the negativity of the world (the herd). I chose to stay in the herd, and my life was miserable because of it. I was stupid.
Things have changed...
I made this quote into a poster and put it where I can see it everyday.
"I will persist until I succeed. I was not delivered into this world into defeat, nor does failure course my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a LION, and I refuse to talk, walk, and to sleep with the sheep. I will persist until I succeed."
Change isn't achieved in a day, but you can start the change this instant. Dedicate yourself to small daily practices that will move you toward your "best life."
Here are a few of my daily practices:
- I get up an hour earlier than I have to.
- I read for an hour before I check email, open Facebook or any other electronics.
- I do 30-60 mins of walking with motivational audio in my ears.
- I take pride in everything that I do (Even making my smoothie/juice/tea in morning). Remember that the way we do anything is the way we will do everything.
- I write, study, or shoot video every day.
- I have a schedule that I stick to. (Including High intensity/short duration workouts to keep really strong and lean)
- I have daily to do's that I must complete before I go to bed. Setting my clothes out for next day, making dinner at home Sun-Fri. (Less TV!)
- I make sure I set aside time to spend with my loved ones (including my dog "Kanga")
- I set up 3 things to get done next day.
- I read before I go to bed (right now I'm reading Anthony Robbins "Awaken the Giant Within")
Just imagine if you applied half of those into your day?
Thinking about how you don't have time? Read number 1 again and stop making excuses!
Dedicate yourself to living your BEST LIFE daily. Yes there will be days that you struggle with the resistance, but you will have more good than bad, and you will positively affect more people than you know. Ultimately that is why we are here on earth. My challenge to you is to be the most positive, productive, motivating, supportive, and giving person you know. What you put out into the world you will get back ten fold.
I dare you to be great.
I dare you.....